With a large scale influx in eCommerce platforms, having knowledge on payment gateways are necessary. If you are running a start-up, small business or an eCommerce service, you must choose the payment gateway that helps appear your business professional online. Here are the top ten best payment gateways in India for your business. In spite of a successful business, you need to consider your return on investment (ROI). Fulfilling your ROI goals comes with efficient and ease of transaction. If you provide a hassle-free payment method users feel secure, safe, and accustomed.
Why is a Payment Gateway so Important?
To help your company grow in an online environment, you should consider the best payment gateways that provide a safe, secure, and soothing transaction experience. Each payment gateway has its pros and cons. It is always beneficial if you study the alternatives available and pick the one perfect for your business. Well, then how do you decide? Certain factors help you decide which payment gateway is perfect for your business/company. Some of them are Annual Maintenance Charge, Setup cost, Settlement Days, Transaction Discount Rate, CMS or Content Management Services. All of these payment gateways have made the digital exchange of money, happen at the ease of our fingertips. The market is now dealing with a new challenge with the availability of online payment gateways. Below is a list of the top ten payment gateways in India.
Instamojo is one of the most popular payment gateways in India. It is preferred mostly now for the buying of tickets, goods, tutorials, merchandise, invoices, and services. If your company is providing digital goods or services, Instamojo is the most used payment gateway. You can use Instamojo for accepting payments across social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. If your customers are from India, Instamojo can be your best bet.
- No website required.
- To set up all you have to do is answer a few simple questions to set it up.
- Zero maintenance fee.
- Accepts any payment modes including Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI, Wallets, and NEFT.
- Transaction fee of 2% + Rs 3 per transaction.
- Does not support any international transaction.
- Quick and offers a secured transaction to users.
- Misses out on a mobile application.
If your company has international clients CCAvenue is the right payment gateway for you. CCAvenue is also the largest and the most accepted payment gateway in India. Your merchandise pricing can be shown in any language and currency.
- The currencies include Indian Rupees, Euro, Singapore Dollar, American Dollar, UAE Dirham, Pound Sterling, New Zealand Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Qatari Riyal, Japanese Yen, Bahraini Dinar, Baht, Sri Lankan Rupee, Malaysian Ringgit, Taka, Australian Dollar, Omani Rial, Nepalese Rupee, Swiss Franc, Kuwaiti Dinar, Chinese Yuan Renminbi, etc. With more than two hundred plus payment options inclusive of 6 credit cards such as Amex, JCB, Diners Club, Mastercard, Visa, and eZeClick. Supports 58+ Net Banking, 98+ Debit Cards, 12 Prepaid Instruments,13 ATM Cards, 14 Bank EMI options.
- The setup charge is free of cost.
- The maintenance charge is Rs 1200 annually. Transaction Fee starts from 1.99% + Rs.3 to 2.99% + Rs.3.
- Runs over all platforms including Android, iOS and Windows devices.
PayPal is a payment gateway that is broadly used all over the world. Apart from its global popularity, it has made its dominance in the Indian market. Its ease of operation makes it one of the most credible Payment Gateways in India.
- You can upload cheques with your phone camera.
- PayPal allows payment methods via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and Diner’s.
- It does not take any initial set up fee or annual maintenance fee.
- Payments are well encrypted and secure.
- It also accepts payments from more than 100 countries.
- The transaction fee is free in India.
- It runs over all platforms that include Android and iOS.
Razorpay is one of the most renowned payment gateways in India. Transactions via Razorpay, make it seamlessly smooth for customers to process payments. It is loaded with robust features like subscriptions, recurring payments or sharing invoices.
- Supports all modes of payment transfer including Credit/Debit card, Net Banking, UPI and wallets.
- Setting up Razorpay is free of cost. No annual maintenance fee.
- Razorpay is easy to operate on and helps you with instant activation.
- It charges a minimum of two percent per transaction for Indian Cards and three percent for International Cards.
- It supports more than 100 multi-currency.
- Documentation is easy and works just by scanning the same.
- Android and IOS platforms support the use of Razorpay.
EBS a.k.a E-Billing Solutions is known to be the most secure Payment Gateway in the world. It is also the first Indian merchant account provider to accomplish the PCI DSS 3.0 norms of agreement. What makes it secure is its certification from security and method adherence followed and audited by ISO 27001- 2013 standard. Owned by France based Ingenio group, EBS has also become a reputable source in India with its headquarter in Mumbai.
- It charges an annual maintenance fee of Rs 2400 while the service fee ranges from Rs.4799 to Rs. 23999 based on the plan.
- It helps to collect payment from customers via net banking, credit and debit cards.
- Transaction fee charges depend on the type of package you choose and ranges between 1.25% to 3.75%.
- It also supports seven different languages other than English.
- Moreover, EBS supports eleven multi-currencies including Indian Rupee (INR), American Dollar (USD), British Pound (GBP), Euro (Eur), Arab Emirates Dinar (AED), Qatari Rial (QAR), Omani Rial (OMR), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Singapore Dollar (SGD) and Australian Dollar (AUD).
- It easily runs across Android, Windows, and iOS.
6. Citrus Pay
Citrus Pay founded by Satyen Kothari Jitendra Gupta was/is one of the easiest payment gateways that was born in India. “The idea is that customers should make the payment in a shorter time than it takes to remove money from the wallet,” says Citrus Chairman Satyen Kothari, who founded the company along with Jitendra Gupta in April 2011.”
Indians prefer Citrus Pay over others for its ease of transaction processes. If you are running a business you can accept payment via credit cards, debit cards, eWallet, UPI, and Net Banking at without any hassle. Citrus Pay wants to ensure that the next time you use a cab service or order food, you don’t have to pull out your wallet to pay cash or swipe your credit card. All that you will need, is a mobile phone and the Citrus Payment application that will allow you to transfer money directly to the merchant.
>However, it has now merged with PayU! <
PayUmoney is another solid payment gateway your customers can engage within India. It is one of the popular payment gateways in India because they have been in the market for a longer duration, and have a decent customer base simply because they offer every feature their competition offers and couple it with a hassle-free customer service experience.
- Customers can pay through credit cards, debit cards, UPI, Net Bankings, etc.
- It comes with a wallet where customers can store money online.
- The transaction fee is 2% plus GST for Indian debit and credit cardholders. While for international cards, the fee is 3% plus GST.
- The setup fee is free.
- You also do not need to pay any annual maintenance costs here.
- They offer a hassle-free documentation process, which is completely online. You need only the scanned copy of the canceled cheque, PAN Card, and address proof.
- It runs on both Android and iOS platforms.
PayUbiz is the most trending payment gateway that has taken payment transactions in India by a storm. This payment gateway is used by large businesses such as Snapdeal, Jabong, Ola, Redbus, Zomato, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, etc. It is of the same company as that of PayUmoney. PayUbiz hits a total processed value (TPV) of half a billion dollars per month. PayUbiz provides the following plans- Start-Up, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- It helps you to collect payments online via credit cards, debit cards, eWallet, Net Banking, and UPI.
- It also provides detailed analytics that helps you understand more about your customer’s preferences.
- The annual maintenance charge is set to Rs.2400.
- The transaction fee per transaction ranges between 2.20% to 3.90% based on the plan you choose.
- It supports all domestic cards but lacks the usage of international cards and currencies.
- To set up PayUbiz the plan starts from Rs. 4900 and goes up to Rs. 29000.
- It runs perfectly over Android, Windows and iOS platforms.
Well, this is another widely preferred online Payment Gateway in India. MobiKwik (previously known as Zaakpay) Payment Gateway is a recommended service for online credit, debit card & internet banking processing transactions. MobiKwik is the most trustworthy online payment gateway in India & it gives a platform for you to operate multiple electronic payment systems. It also has two products to offer 1. Webpay, 2. MPay, making it a very convincing payment gateway among Indians.
- It supports all Indian and International Cards including Credit Card, Debit Card, Netbanking, UPI.
- MobiKwik still does not support Multi-Currency.
- You can withdraw money without paying a single penny.
- Also you can accept payment from your customers in your own wallet.
- You have to negotiate the setup fee as well as the annual maintenance fee. Yepme, Shopclues, and Snapdeal all use Mobikwik as their payment gateway.
It initially began as a mobile & DTH recharge service. The company is worth $4 billion now. You can accept payments from your customers who are Paytm users using their Pay With Paytm service. You can add this payment gateway to your business website. Unlike other conventional payment gateways, it will enable payments only from the PayTM wallet. Small stores and enterprises have benefited a lot from the Paytm Payment Gateway. Paytm works very evenly and is one of the most user-friendly payment gateways in India. Its wallet based Paytm Cash has significantly augmented high market value among common people. Every small merchant now has an easier way to collect money from their customers and that is Paytm. Scan and pay. It is that simple.
- Supports all domestic credit cards including Visa, Master, Maestro, Amex, Discover, and Diners.
- It also allows international credit cards like Visa, Master, Maestro, Amex, Discover, and Diners.
- Paytm lacks multi-currency transactions.
- Temporarily, both setup fee and annual maintenance fee is free of cost
- All you need to do is KYC your bank account with Paytm.
- Only an application fee of 1.99% is charged per transaction.
- Popularly used by Uber, Bookmyshow, Domino’s Pizza, Food Panda, and many big companies.
- It runs well over android, windows, and iOS platforms.
Well, that was all about the Payment Gateways in India. It is now up to you to choose one according to your business needs. Some have their set up and annual maintenance fee waived off. While some support Multi-currency transactions. So it is your call to decide on your payment gateway. Make sure when you do, you keep your target audience in mind!